Saturday, August 10, 2013

The World Model Alternatives

the world model alternatives:

"what i could never get around, if what they call the external world were real, was how my senses, you know, my field of vision and sound, was not crashing into other people's senses, if we were truly close together. i mean, i see colour at a distance. if you were standing in front of me, wouldn't that mean the colours i see are somehow inside you, and vice versa?"

"you mean, if your senses, your personal parts, physically extended, and how are they not interfering with people who seem near you?"

"exactly. because i don't see images in my head. i see them truly in front of me at a distance. and then i see the people in front of me. how can the two be in the same place?"

"well, the alternative is, ok, we don't really move around, so to speak, we are not actually near each other, it only seems that, but that we are connected somehow to a system that processes what we see and hear according to the 3D mechanical motion world model that we all know."

CLEARCHARGE

No comments:

Post a Comment